Since we opened our B&B with a view in 2017, our guests have complimented us on our cleanliness. Since the pandemic we have introduced additional procedures to ensure your stay with us is as
safe as possible. And now, too, because our sole use concept was so appreciated during the pandemic, we continue to offer this as an optional extra for a twosome and a special offer for a foursome.
Of course, taking advantage of this possibility would also mean you would have the beautiful views all to yourselves!
aware that our procedures may also be changed at short notice as different situations develop.
We kindly ask that you please postpone your visit, if you:
- are exhibiting respiratory symptoms of any severity.
- have had contact with Covid-19 cases in the past 14 days.
- come from a region which is designated as a high risk area by the Government.
- provide us with your contact details prior to arrival (mobile phone number, address).
- We will inform you prior to arrival about any rule changes which become applicable for your stay.
- In case of new major Covid-19 restrictions not foreseeable at the time of your booking and which may even mean we have to close again for a period of time, you may change your booking free of charge. For paid deposits we will issue a voucher to be used at a later date.
Arrival & Check-in
- Please inform us of a ca. arrival time and order your “Welcome Tea and/or Coffee” in advance, so everything is ready and waiting for you.
- We will welcome you personally as always, but will not shake hands and will also be wearing a mask or a visor or both. Rest assured, though, our welcome will remain as warm as ever.
- Your check-in form will be on the desk in your room together with the breakfast order form. The pen provided is sanitized for your use during your stay. Please fill in these forms at your leisure and pop these into the post-box in the hall by 19.00 hours on your day of arrival.
- Hand sanitizers will now be provided on request only and will be of no less than 60% alcohol-based.
- The B&B will be sanitized and ventilated with fresh air through open windows several times a day.
- All rooms will be thoroughly sanitized and ventilated with fresh air prior to arrival.
- Total Privacy Option: We will not access your room while you are staying, unless you request that we carry out housekeeping services for you.
- If you choose the Total Privacy Option, we will leave clean cups, glasses, amenities, towels etc. on your personal trolly outside the room every morning for you to access as you require.
- “Welcome Tea/Coffee/Fruit Juice” with individually packed Walkers/Grandma Wild's biscuits provided in the lounge on the day of your arrival. Please let us know your choice in advance together with your ca. arrival time, so you do not have to wait.
Dining Area & Lounge
- Sole use
concept available at a nominal extra so two people can have the whole B&B to themselves for their stay. Sole Use for Four - special offer available.
- Open windows in all “public” spaces to ensure constant ventilation with fresh air.
- All orders are served by us wearing protective masks. Continental Buffet choice will be tailored to your order made the previous evening and served beside your table.
- For your room or family/support bubble: We request you reserve a fixed breakfast time. This can be done via your breakfast order form in your room, which we request you hand into the post box in the hall by 19.00 hours every evening.
- We request you vacate the breakfast area
by 10.15 am so we can clear the breakfast table and have the lounge ready for your use during the day.
- You are allowed to bring in takeaways for
your evening meal, provided these are consumed in the dining area. We are
happy to offer the use of the microwave dedicated for guest use only and to provide crockery and cutlery, but politely request you make a donation to the honesty box for this extra service. We request you place all used glasses, crockery and cutlery on the
tray provided. Please do not eat takeaways in your bedroom. You can dispose of any packaging in the bin provided in the reading room.
- Each room has its own individual fridge in the reading room for your convenience where you can store drinks and/or snacks. This service is free of charge.
- Westwood is our home. We do not employ external staff so we do all the cooking, cleaning, etc. This
means that no other person
will have access to Westwood during your stay.
- Our breakfast menu and experience will remain unchanged, except that you can now order in advance. We will continue to prepare and cook your breakfast freshly for your chosen time. We will wear masks during breakfast service for hygiene purposes.
- The guest information folders with brochures have been removed from each
room for hygienic reasons. We request you use the internet (WI-FI free of
charge) or ask us for any information you require about tourist attractions.
- All magazines and books on the lounge coffee table have also been removed for hygienic reasons
Westwood, Harris Brow, Great Broughton, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 0XR
Tel: 01900 826474
© Westwood – The B&B with a view
2017 - 2023